With Halloween weekend quickly approaching it's time for procrastinators to finally figure out how they'll dress up for the party-filled weekend. Sure, you can run to any Halloween store and buy a generic costume in a bag, or you can get a little creative and come up with a costume representative of our fine city. We've rounded up a few ideas to rep Chicago this year and you can peruse our Chicago costume ideas from last year for even more inspiration.
1. Grandpa Rossy. This one's easy enough, just grab a David Ross jersey and a cane or walker.
2. Pizza Squirrel. You stole our pizza and our hearts earlier this year. Just a squirrel costume and a slice of pizza. Bonus: You won't be as hungover as your friends the next day because you'll be eating throughout the night.
3. The Aloha Billboard. The Aloha billboard hung in Logan Square for over a year, gaining quite a following including a Tumblr page asking if it was still up. Even though it’s been taken down now, dress up as the Cameron Crowe flop starring Bradley Cooper and Emma Stone and see how many people get it.
4. Paul McGee. Do you have a long beard (or a fake one)? Perfect. Pair with glasses and a Hawaiian shirt to get the look of Chicago's best bartender. The downside? Everyone might ask you to make drinks all night.
5. Navy Pier Ferris Wheel. Just wear lights that blink and change colors constantly.
6. Bill Murray at the White House. Podium + Cubs gear.
7. Ferris Bueller. Faded jeans, white T-shirt, cardigan. Easy-peasy. You can also easily turn this into a group costume and add on Cam and Sloane.
8. Honey Butter Fried Chicken. This is a group costume, where one friend dresses as a honey bottle, another as a stick of butter and the last as a chicken. Get it? Get it?
9. Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo. Best friends can just sport this duo's jerseys and hang out together all night, occasionally staring lovingly at each other like only these two can. Don't worry, everyone else will be staring lovingly at you, too.
10. Billy Corgan. Just shave your head or get a bald cap and carry around a cat all night, an ode to his PAWS Magazine cover.
11. Wiener's Circle employee. You know what to do.
12. The Shirtless Jogger. This guys had his 15 minutes of fame back in December, but Chicagoans will remember the attractive runner who took to the lakefront path topless on an unseasonably warm winter night.
13. Easy characters. This is so simple, literally just wear anything in your closet because the characters on this Netflix show look just like all of us.
14. Kevin McCallister. It's been 26 years since Kevin's family left him alone in the 'burbs while they went on vacation (a feat that could never happen in our technology-riddled lives), but anyone will recognize your costume if you just sport a maroon sweater and keep your hands at your face all night poised to scream.
15. Joe Maddon. Another fairly simple one: Just sport his distinctive facial hair, black frame glasses and a blue Cubs hoodie and try not to suck.
Want more? Sign up here to stay in the know.