Most single folks have a love-hate relationship with dating apps. When it comes to finding love (or something like that) in Chicago, it can often feel like Tinder, Grindr, OkCupid and Bumble are the only lifelines to meeting someone. And as nice as it is to know that there’s someone interested in you within 600 feet of your apartment, many Chicagoans wish it were easier to take dating offline. OkCupid attempted to spark IRL love connections with their Polaroid tent at Pitchfork last weekend, and now, they’re sharing the inside scoop on the best date spots in Chicago.
OkCupid users voted, and these are the Chicago winners of the first-ever OkCupid Daters’ Choice Awards:
- Dime Saver Destinations - 90 Miles Cuban Cafe
- Nerdy Pickup Spots - Emporium Arcade Bar
- No-bro Sports Bars - Small Bar
- Instagram Filtered Bars - 3 Arts Club
- Best Bathrooms for Sex - Slippery Slope
- Spots That Get the Sex Started - Violet Hour
- Classic Local Spots - Green Door Tavern
- Well-Hidden Haunts - Three Dots and a Dash
- Boozy Date Spots - The Map Room
- Ass-Kicking Locales - Whirlyball
- Open-Air Options - Big Star
- Intellectual Attractions - The Second City
In the case of bathroom sex, we're pretty sure "best" means "most frequented, whether you like it or not."