First prize: One pair of Zone tickets worth RM688 each (five prizes). Second prize: One pair of Broad Axe tickets worth RM588 each (five prizes).
After a three-year absence, Video Games Live returns to Malaysia for a third stint following two successful shows in 2010 and 2012. Get familiar: Video Games Live is an explosive entertainment experience featuring music from the most popular video games of all time, performed live with a band and the National Symphony Orchestra, with audio and visual effects. Think Assassin’s Creed, Diablo, Final Fantasy, Mario, Portal, Warcraft – and the list goes on. Even arcade classics Donkey Kong, Outrun and Tetris may receive the Video Games Live treatment.
Founded by famed video game music composer and musician Tommy Tallarico, Video Games Live is one of the most technically advanced stage shows in the world, besides being the best and the biggest game concert. It marries the meticulousness of an orchestra with the exhilarating surroundings of a rock concert, with complex components including choirs, exclusive video footage, synchronised lighting, solo performers and unique interactive segments.
On top of that, a family-friendly, fun-filled festival will kick off at 1pm; there will be activities including competitions and games the likes of Guitar Hero, a cosplay red carpet, face painting for children, ten of Malaysia’s finest food trucks, a parade of video game characters, as well as a photo booth. Nigesh Armon, rapper and musician, is set to open the event, along with Alan Cheah Quek Lim, a visually-impaired 14-year-old pianist prodigy.
There's more: Buy tickets to the VGL after-party at The Roof where you can mix and mingle with Tommy Tallarico and his crew alongside other performers and video-game fans. Passes to the party are priced at RM50, which will get you a free drink and access to Stratosphere, The Roof’s famed bar with spectacular views. Bonus: Come dressed in full costume to gain free entry to Play and party the night away, cosplay style.
1. This contest is organised by Time Out Kuala Lumpur (hereinafter referred to as the 'Organiser').
2. The prizes for this contest are neither exchangeable for cash nor transferable.
3. All persons ('Contestants') taking part in this contest agree that these rules shall be binding on them, and that the entries in this contest, including their name and likeness, may be used without restriction in any future publicity material by the Organiser.
4. The Organiser reserves the right to amend these rules or terminate the contest at any time at its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the Organiser under these rules shall be final and no discussion or correspondence will be entertained. The Organiser may, but is not required to, justify any decisions relating to this contest.
5. The Contestant acknowledges that the interest and good reputation of the Organiser is of paramount importance. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify a Contestant from the contest, or to withdraw the prize if it believes the Contestant is in breach of its obligations under the rules. The Contestant shall not by act or omission, directly or indirectly bring the Organiser into disrepute.
6. All entries are sent at the risk of the Contestant and in the event that there are technical difficulties experienced arising out of the internet or from any associated equipment or internet security is compromised, the Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion disqualify the entire entry and shall not accept any liability doing so.
7. Contest entries may only be submitted via the stated medium of communication.
8. This contest is open to anyone above 18 years old and contestants under 18 years old are prohibited from entering this contest.
9. Each entry must be completed in full. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any incomplete entries in its sole and absolute discretion.
10. Contestants shall only submit one entry and multiple entries of the same shall be treated as 'spam' and shall be ignored.
11. Incomplete entries will be deemed void.
12. Entries will be judged by Time Out Kuala Lumpur solely on the correctness of the answer(s) furnished and accuracy of personal details furnished with the judges' decision as final.
13. Winners will be informed by email.
14. Uses of 'aliases' shall be considered a form of deception and is prohibited.
15. The winner must produce their original IC / passport with legible IC / passport number in order to claim the prize. The winner may also be required to produce additional original proof of identity at the discretion of the Organiser.
16. All Prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner, and the Organiser excludes all warranties in connection with the prize to the extent permitted by law.
17. All Contestants release from, and indemnify the Organiser, its agencies, sponsors and representatives against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize or participation in the contest including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
18. All personal particulars furnished are meant for identification purposes and will not be sold or given to any third parties.
19. Prizes will be forfeited if not collected within the time frame stated after the announcement of winners.