Note: This contest is now closed. Congratulations to our winners!
If you've always dreamed of becoming a popstar, we're giving you a chance to get your 15 seconds of fame – and if you're lucky, you may just win a prize for your hard work. In conjunction with our September singing and dancing issue, we're giving away karaoke party packages from CEO Neway worth RM2,500 each to two lucky winners who can sing or lip sync any of the songs featured in our list of 50 best karaoke songs. Macam yes? Okay, here's how to enter:
1. Pick a song of your choice from Time Out's list of 50 best karaoke songs. Remember, the song must be featured in this list, or your entry won't count.
2. Record a 15-second video of yourself (or you and your friends – groups are more than welcome) singing or lip syncing to your chosen song. You can even use Dubsmash or other similar apps. Use your creativity!
3. Post your video on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with the hashtag #TimeOutKaraoke.
4. Sit and wait for instant fame!*
The winning videos will be chosen by the Time Out KL team. You have until October 18 to submit your entries. Good luck!
CEO Neway party packages for ten pax inclusive of food and drinks, worth RM2,500 each (two prizes).
*We can't actually guarantee fame.
Terms and conditions
1. Contest period until Oct 18 2015.
2. All entries must be tagged with #TimeOutKaraoke.
3. All entries must feature a song from Time Out KL's 50 best karaoke songs list.
4. All entries must be made personally. Entries made through agents/third parties/ spambots/code hacking/multibrowser-bots are invalid.
5. All entries submitted may be subject to moderation. Time Out KL has absolute discretion in its choice of featured entries, and the right to refuse to feature/report any entry for the following reasons:
a. Use of defamatory or malicious content.
b. Any indecent or inappropriate content.
6. By entering, the entrant agrees that :
a. They have personally taken the image/video submitted.
b. They are the sole owner and copyright holder of the image/video.
7. Time Out KL has the right to use the winning entries from the date of entry to 18 months after the closing date of the Competition. Time Out KL will use the entries to further promote the competition/future competitions. However, all such uses will credit the maker, provided they give their agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, copyright shall remain with the entrant.
8. Time Out KL has the right to use other entered images/videos from the date of entry to 18 months after the closing date of the Competition for no consideration. However, all such uses will credit the entrant provided they give their agreement. (As with winning entries, copyright shall remain with the entrant).
9. Each entrant’s approved entry will be shown on Time Out KL’s website and social media platforms together with the description. Time Out KL reserves the right to amend this description for reasons of presentation.