Prize: A 3D/2N stay for two at The Danna Langkawi’s Merchant or Marina rooms inclusive of breakfast at Planter’s worth RM3,760 and RM4,360 respectively
Located in Telaga Harbour Park along Pantai Kok is the luxurious The Danna Langkawi, a five-storey hotel with colonial-inspired architecture, façade and décor that hints at a resplendent time long gone. A brightly-lit lobby welcomes you with marble floors, clean white walls, wooden décor and chandeliers.
The 125 rooms and suites – including Merchant and Marina rooms – are all equipped with separate rainfall shower and bath as well as several modern amenities like a 42-inch LCD TV, a mini bar with coffee- and tea-making facilities and complimentary WiFi. Each room also comes with its own private balcony that offers tranquil views of the sea, the marina as well as the nearby mountains.
Your stay will include breakfast with bubbly for two at the hotel’s Planter’s restaurant, which is known for its offerings of Mediterranean, European and local cuisine. Here is where you can have your meal with a view – think the infinity swimming pool and the sandy beaches of Pantai Kok – in either air conditioned surrounds or alfresco to enjoy the natural sea breeze.
To relax, go for a swim in the three-tiered infinity pool or pamper yourself at the hotel’s spa which uses only premium products in treatments such as massages, scrubs, manicures and facials.
For a spot of adventure, employ the services of the hotel’s Guest Experience Planners who will help recommend and book from an extensive selection of exciting excursions. You can go island hopping to several destinations including the Singa Besar, Dayang Bunting and Beras Basah islands; check out Langkawi’s Unesco-recognised geoparks on a mangrove cruise; swim, snorkel, dive and explore coral reefs; jungle trek through the rainforest reserve and go on a night hike; and so much more.
Telaga Harbour Park, Pantai Kok, Langkawi, Kedah (04 959 3288/thedanna.com).
1. This contest is organised by Time Out Kuala Lumpur (hereinafter referred to as the 'Organiser').
2. The prizes for this contest are neither exchangeable for cash nor transferable.
3. All persons ('Contestants') taking part in this contest agree that these rules shall be binding on them, and that the entries in this contest, including their name and likeness, may be used without restriction in any future publicity material by the Organiser.
4. The Organiser reserves the right to amend these rules or terminate the contest at any time at its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the Organiser under these rules shall be final and no discussion or correspondence will be entertained. The Organiser may, but is not required to, justify any decisions relating to this contest.
5. The Contestant acknowledges that the interest and good reputation of the Organiser is of paramount importance. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify a Contestant from the contest, or to withdraw the prize if it believes the Contestant is in breach of its obligations under the rules. The Contestant shall not by act or omission, directly or indirectly bring the Organiser into disrepute.
6. All entries are sent at the risk of the Contestant and in the event that there are technical difficulties experienced arising out of the internet or from any associated equipment or internet security is compromised, the Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion disqualify the entire entry and shall not accept any liability doing so.
7. Contest entries may only be submitted via the stated medium of communication.
8. This contest is open to anyone above 18 years old and contestants under 18 years old are prohibited from entering this contest.
9. Each entry must be completed in full. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any incomplete entries in its sole and absolute discretion.
10. Contestants shall only submit one entry and multiple entries of the same shall be treated as 'spam' and shall be ignored.
11. Incomplete entries will be deemed void.
12. Entries will be judged by Time Out Kuala Lumpur solely on the correctness of the answer(s) furnished and accuracy of personal details furnished with the judges' decision as final.
13. Winners will be informed by email.
14. Uses of 'aliases' shall be considered a form of deception and is prohibited.
15. The winner must produce their original IC / passport with legible IC / passport number in order to claim the prize. The winner may also be required to produce additional original proof of identity at the discretion of the Organiser.
16. All Prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner, and the Organiser excludes all warranties in connection with the prize to the extent permitted by law.
17. All Contestants release from, and indemnify the Organiser, its agencies, sponsors and representatives against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize or participation in the contest including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
18. All personal particulars furnished are meant for identification purposes and will not be sold or given to any third parties.
19. Prizes will be forfeited if not collected within the time frame stated after the announcement of winners.