Looking for a sticky fried chicken fix? Bone Daddies executive chef Tom Moxon has revealed how the restaurant chain makes its Korean Fried Chicken. The dish – marinated wings coated in sesame seeds – is one of the most popular on its menu. The recipe’s release comes as the restaurant announces a delivery and takeaway menu available from its Bermondsey and Old Street joints. The #BoneAtHome menu features fried chicken, ramen and pork chilli with tonkotsu noodles and is available on Deliveroo.
Korean Fried Chicken Wings
What you need to buy
Four marinated chicken wings
Toasted sesame seeds
40g fresh ginger chopped
40g Maldon sea salt
200g plain flour
400ml chilli oil
75ml rice wine vinegar
Five cloves of garlic
What you need to do
1. Blitz marinade and leave wings in it overnight in the fridge.
2. Blitz Korean sauce ingredients for 15 minutes.
3. Coat marinated wings in flour.
4. Deep fry wings for 8-10 minutes in a neutral frying oil.
5. Take out of the frying pan and dunk into the Korean sauce.
6. Plate up, pour more sauce on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
Most popular on Time Out
- Notting Hill Carnival has been cancelled for the first time ever
- 9 things we know about London’s lockdown following Boris Johnson’s ‘roadmap’ speech
- The National Theatre is streaming a free play every Thursday
- These local London garden centres will deliver plants to your door
- Warburtons just shared the recipe for its legendary crumpets