If you’re one of many Londoners who argue that Honest Burgers does the best chips in town, you’re in luck. Tom Barton and Philip Eeles, founders of the Honest Burgers chain, have revealed how it seasons its iconic fries, and turns out it’s incredibly easy.
First, you make some chips. (Obviously, frying them fresh is the best way to get them tasting good, but if the idea of deep-fat frying fills you with dread, you can have a delicious but less-good experience sprinkling this on homemade oven chips.) Then you follow the recipe below.
Rosemary Salted Chips
What you need to buy
Three sprigs of rosemary.
80g Maldon sea salt.
Zest of one lemon.
What you need to do
Put all ingredients in a pestle and mortar and crush for as long as you can. The longer you pound the ingredients, the more vibrant the rosemary will be.
Add to the chips the second they’re out of the hot oil so they get a good coating and the rosemary sticks.
Most popular on Time Out
- Notting Hill Carnival has been cancelled for the first time ever
- 9 things we know about London’s lockdown following Boris Johnson’s ‘roadmap’ speech
- The National Theatre is streaming a free play every Thursday
- These local London garden centres will deliver plants to your door
- Warburtons just shared the recipe for its legendary crumpets