Post updated December 2015, with new resolutions and new resolve to keep them.
Lose weight, drink more water, stop drunkenly hooking up with our exes whenever we're single (or not single, yikes)... we all make New Year's resolutions—whether we stick to them is another thing. This year, we decided to speak for the entire city: What should/could all Angelenos do (and not do) next year to make LA a better, more enjoyable place? We came up with 17 solid resolutions—what did we miss? Let us know in a comment below.
We Angelenos resolve...
1. To use less water. For real this year.
2. To walk more, Uber less, bike in the new bike lanes and maybe even take the subway or bus for the first time.
3. To cut back on middle finger usage and honking while driving.
4. To not get as many parking tickets as last year.
5. To finally buy or build an earthquake kit.
6. To check out and support more local bands this year.
7. To stop eating danger dogs... while sober.
8. To actually arrive on time (and not blame traffic).
9. To become a bonafide Kings and Galaxy fan (or maybe jump on the Clippers bandwagon) instead of putting all our stock in the goddamn Lakers.
13. To stop making dangerous left turns on Olympic during rush hour just because Waze tells us it will save two minutes.
15. To go to the beach more than three times a year.
17. To cut back on Instagram posts specifically meant to make our East coast and Midwest friends jealous. Sorry kind of sorry. Happy (sunny) holidays!
Written by Time Out staff, edited by Kate Wertheimer.