An active firehouse from 1904 to 1959, this museum is filled with gadgetry and pageantry, from late-18th-century hand-pumped fire engines to modern equipment. The museum also houses a permanent exhibit commemorating firefighters’ heroism after the attack on the World Trade Center.
|Venue name:||New York City Fire Museum||Contact:|
278 Spring St
|Cross street:||between Hudson and Varick Sts|
|Opening hours:||Daily 10am–5pm|
|Transport:||Subway: C, E to Spring St; 1 to Houston St|
|Price:||$5, seniors and students $4, children under 12 free|