This year has not been kind to street fairs.
To fill the void, the debut Orange County Drive-Thru Fair Food Festival allowed visitors to get their funnel cake and fried Oreo fix in a socially distanced manner. Now, visitors can expect the same delights—with a holiday twist.
The Orange County Fair's Holiday Lights Spectacular is not only a great drive-thru Christmas event with stunning light displays—featuring a multimedia show with accompaniment from Christmas carols—it's the perfect place for those with a sweet tooth.
“We wanted to bring some true holiday spirit to families in the Hudson Valley and beyond and we were able to come up with a concept that has something for everyone, all done in a safe, socially distanced environment," said event coordinator Mary Weber. "Food is a crucial part of celebrating the holidays and we have all the classics like hot chocolate, eggnog and chocolate dipped pretzels plus some new items like candy coated marshmallows, Mexican street corn empanadas and even gingerbread house decorating kits."
What else can hungry visitors expect? Funnel cake, zeppoles, freshly-squeezed lemonade and cotton candy. Consider it a dose of summertime in the winter!
Most popular on Time Out
- The best fall activities for kids in NYC
- Skate reservations opened for Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park
- New York Botanical Garden will ring in the holidays with a new light experience
- NYC DOE reveals a new grading system for the 2020-2021 school year
- Macy’s Santaland is making some changes for its 2020 celebration
Get us in your inbox! Sign up to our newsletter for the latest and greatest from NYC and beyond.