The holiday season has commenced at the Bronx Zoo.
On select dates from Nov 20–Jan 10, its annual light show will allow park-goers to experience a luminous take on the animal kingdom. This year, the event will be spread out to allow for social distancing. More animal lanterns will be included and visitors will have access to five geographically representative lantern safaris. Think of it as a trip abroad without leaving NYC.
Have a look at some of the animals:
Be sure to check out the *new* Luminous Garden!
Here, guests will be able to get a view of ginormous, radiant plants, insects, mushrooms and animals. You won't want to miss a single thing.
Plus, New Yorkers can expect to revel in other holiday activities including ice carving demonstrations, s'mores tastings and taking a glance at stilt walkers. You can purchase tickets online ($34.95 for adults, $22.95 children ages 3–12) and learn about the safety protocols online. Note that registration is required to attend this holiday event.
Most popular on Time Out
- The best fall activities for kids in NYC
- Skate reservations opened for Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park
- New York Botanical Garden will ring in the holidays with a new light experience
- NYC DOE reveals a new grading system for the 2020-2021 school year
- Macy’s Santaland is making some changes for its 2020 celebration
Get us in your inbox! Sign up to our newsletter for the latest and greatest from NYC and beyond.