|Venue name:||Ethel Barrymore Theatre|
243 W 47th St
|Cross street:||between Broadway and Eighth Ave|
|Transport:||Subway: C, E to 50th St; N, Q, R to 49th St; 1 to 50th St|
In 1928, Lee and J.J. Shubert built this 1,058-seat and named it after Ethel Barrymore, part of the renowned Barrymore acting dynasty. Since then, it has been home to work by Cole Porter, Noel Coward, Rodgers and Hart, and many others. According to the Shubert Organization, the Herbert Krapp–designed exterior was "modeled on the public baths in Rome, with a two-story terra-cotta grillwork screen. The interior decor combines Elizabethan, Mediterranean and Adamsesque styles."