Calling all pork purists—this weekend, the heavenly scent of roasted swine will take over Williamsburg as the Great Big Bacon Picnic moves into the Old Pfizer Factory space with 100 chefs, food trucks, brew masters, distillers and, yes, mountains upon mountains of bacon. A $99 ticket (for a two-and-a-half-hour session on Saturday, May 16th or Sunday, May 17th) gets you an all-you-can-eat-and-drink spread spotlighting the beloved meat candy, from snacks to sweets. Here are ten must-try dishes—get ready to drool.
1. Oddfellows Ice Cream Co.: Maple bacon pecan ice cream
2. Strong Place: Bacon-and-marrow croquettes in bacon-parmesan Frisco with pea puree
3. Green Grape Provisions: Piggy Pudding (house-cured bacon three ways with eggs, whipped lardo and cheddar cheese)
4. Northern Bell: Mac-and-cheese–stuffed deviled egg with house-cured bourbon-maple boar bacon
5. Urbo: Smoked bacon stuffed Oreos
6. BBD's: Vietnamese bacon sliders with soy-marinated double-pressed bacon, pickled sprouts and Thai basil
7. Sage General Store: Bacon brownie with bourbon whipped cream
8. El Almacen: Bacon and spinach-corn empanadas
9. Ovenly: Mini bacon-cheddar scones
10. Red Hook Kitchen: Banana bacon eclaire with crispy bacon, chocolate ganache and rum creme.