"Bacon, eggs and a little spaghetti. What's better than that?" We wouldn't argue with chef Neil Kleinberg of Clinton St. Baking Company because, after all, he's turned brunch into a meal we could eat anytime of day.
View this post on Instagram
Spaghetti-Bacon-Eggs (a.k.a. pasta carbonara)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 bacon slices
- 2–3 eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan
- 1 serving pasta (we're not judging what "one serving" means to you)
Here’s how to make it:
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Dice onion, garlic and bacon, then whisk together eggs and half of the Parmesan. Add a splash of olive oil to make whisking easier.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon on low heat until it starts to crisp. Then add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the cooked pasta directly to bacon pan and mix until pasta is fully coated.
- Cut heat and add in egg mixture, constantly stirring to keep eggs from scrambling.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan and ground pepper.
Most popular on Time Out
- Millions of free face coverings are being distributed across NYC this month
- You can download over 200 art books from the Guggenheim for free
- The Metropolitan Opera streams a new lineup of free performances every night this week
- The best live theater to stream online
- Ellis Island will now personally help you research your ancestors