Despite predictions for a balloon-grounding storm on Turkey Day, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade went on without a hitch (well, mostly—but we'll get to that later). Now in its 87th year, the procession made its way from 77th Street and Central Park West down to 34th Street and Seventh Avenue.
RECOMMENDED: The guide to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
While most of America watched from home before sitting down to Thanksgiving dinner, confetti flew, cheerleaders twirled, clowns roller-skated, Broadway performers danced and celebs hailed paradegoers in 30-degree weather. Notable guests this year included Joe Namath, Jimmy Fallon with the cast of Sesame Street, Miss America, Kristin Chenoweth, Ariana Grande and lots more. The crowd was also treated to 16 giant balloons—tethered extra-tight due to strong winds—including a massive Spiderman who had his arm deflated by a tree in Central Park. As always, Santa Claus concluded the parade. Relive the festivities by clicking through our photos above.
You might also like
- Lady Gaga concert photos: Live at Roseland Ballroom
- 31 photos of Coney Island in the sweltering, skin-baring summers of the early '60s
- Budweiser’s “Puppy Love” Super Bowl ad is the cutest thing ever
- No Pants Subway Ride 2013 by Improv Everywhere (slide show)
- Tiny Kitchen Recipes: Skillet lasagna by two former Saveur editors