It’s not too late to vote in the Love London Awards, a chance for you pick the places you love – from bars and cafés to parks and culture spots – and get Time Out shouting about them. Voting closes on April 10, and until then we’ll be providing you with some inspiration by pulling together some of your cherished London hangouts through the medium of Instagram.
Today’s spotlight is on culture spots: anything from museums and galleries to community spaces and botanical gardens, as long as it feeds our commute-addled minds and enriches our jaded London souls. Here are a few of our favourites…
1. The Science Museum in South Ken serves up the perfect cocktail of education and entertainment.
2. Sir John Soane’s Museum in Holborn is a veritable time machine.
3. After 250 years, the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew still can’t be beaten for sensational plantlife and treetop strolls.
4. The recently renovated Hayward Gallery on the South Bank curates some spectacular shows by major artists.
5. Bermondsey’s White Cube consistently brings the best of contemporary art to the south London scene.
6. The Backyard Comedy Club in Bethnal Green is one of London’s most affordable dedicated comedy clubs.
7. The Young Vic in Waterloo is one of the most influential theatres in the world.