When things all around seem crazy or upsetting, the first impulse might be to just throw caution to the wind entirely and live it up like there really is no tomorrow (because, who knows, it feels like there just might not be). Eventually, though, you’re going to want to take time for self-care so you can find your center and figure out how to rebuild, and maybe even be just a little better than you were before. Here are some of our best suggestions for when you’re ready to calm down, cleanse and start the healing process.
1. Volunteer to help your neighbors here in L.A.
2. Sip on a warm cup of tea.
3. Get out for a hike and appreciate nature.
5. Pick out a single bottle or a multi-day cleanse at a healthy juice bar.
6. Support your local arts organizations, public broadcasters, and other institutions that depend on donations.
7. Meditate with a soothing sound bath.
8. Eat a vegan meal to be a bit kinder to the planet.
11. Relax with a soothing massage.
13. Admire the beautiful city you share with millions of other diverse, interesting people from the perfect vantage point.
Want more? Sign up here to stay in the know.