UPDATE: The Parking Lot Social has been postponed to Sept 23–Oct 4. Learn more online.
Even though summer events are going to look a little different this year, we're still eager to explore what the season has in store for us.
Adding a family-friendly twist to the drive-in experience trend (have you heard about the Six Flags Safari?) is The Parking Lot Social, the brainchild of Grahame Ferguson and Cameron Craig of XL Event Labs. The new touring fest packs a ton of fun for visitors that they can enjoy without having to get out of their car.
Consider it as a modern twist on an old-time tradition: Upon arrival, guests will find two 40-ft screens, a 52-ft-tall rainbow-shooting fire hydrant and two inflatable Parking Lot Social gorillas. Then, the fun begins: live music, karaoke, Bingo, kid games and more. Local food vendors will be in attendance and serving up delicious bites straight to your vehicle.
“The Parking Lot Social has been designed with a special emphasis on the event being immersive
and interactive," Ferguson said in a statement. "Think of it like a mini-festival that takes place right inside your very own car."
The event is pulling into Brooklyn from Aug 13–23, though a location has yet to be determined. Learn more about the event, check out the safety guidelines and snag your tickets online!
Most popular on Time Out
- Disney's free drawing classes teach you how to sketch your favorite princesses
- Tour the real-life locations of Harry Potter's world with Google Earth
- Celebrate the 100th birthday of Deno’s Wonder Wheel with a free coloring book
- New York's kiddie salons share advice on how to cut your child's hair at home
- Best family restaurants in NYC doing delivery