In need of a little Monday motivation? NYC Parks has you covered.
For those who'd like to sign their little athletes up for kids' fitness classes (or try new workout routines themselves) now's the time. Until Feb 9, all Manhattan rec centers will be free of charge thanks to a week-long open house. Now there's no excuse not to fulfill those New Year's resolutions!
Not sure where to begin on your athletic journey? No sweat! Start by touring the rec center you're interested in visiting, try out the amenities (yep, you can take a dip in one of NYC's best indoor swimming pools) or take a cool class! (This site has a full list of the participating venues and their offerings, so peruse away!) There are plenty of fun things to do with kids of all ages on this list, including:
- Born To Move Teen Fitness with Erica on Feb 6 at 4:30pm at Asser Levy Recreation Center
- Teen Weight Training with Ron on Feb 6 at 6:30pm at Hamilton Fish Recreation Center
- Youth Muscle Madness with John on Feb 7 at 6pm at Tony Dapolito Recreation Center
- Tots: Guardian & Me with Angie on Feb 9 at 10am at Tony Dapolito Recreation Center
- Youth Ballet with Barney on Feb 9 at 11:30am at East 54 Recreation Center
If the forecast is correct, you'll need fun indoor activities for kids later this week when rain swoops in. Grab the workout gear, a bottle of water to stay hydrated and give it all you got! Learn more about the offerings here.