As they say in Game of Thrones: Winter is coming.
On Friday, Oct 30 the Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park will return to midtown with shops, confections and, of course, the ice rink. As of Oct 28, skating reservations have opened online ($21–$36), so tell the little winter Olympians in your crew!
There are new ice skating rules to note this year:
- Reservations for skating sessions opened on Oct 28, and they are required for the 2020 season.
- The rink is open daily from 8am–10pm.
- All transactions will be online only.
- Skate sessions are now timed. You are asked to arrive on time for your allotted session.
- Bag checks are also available, though large accessories are not recommended.
- All skate rentals come with a complimentary shoe bag that will be worn on your back with shoes securely stowed.
- If you plan to use your own skates, you must have a similar sized bag (16" x 18") or purchase one onsite.
- Items are not to be left on the ground, benches or with chaperones in skating areas.
- See a full list of rules online.
If you've already forgotten about Halloween and can't help but fast forward to the holidays, be sure to get a jump start on fun happenings: scope out the best hot chocolate in the city, learn how to sign up for the virtual Macy's Santaland and snag tickets to this holiday light show drive-thru.
Most popular on Time Out
- NYC schools closed: a running list of building shutdowns
- NYC schools have cancelled snow days for the 2020–2021 term
- The best apple picking NY kids and families love
- The best spots for pumpkin picking NY families love
- The best Halloween movies for kids of all ages
Get us in your inbox! Sign up to our newsletter for the latest and greatest from NYC and beyond.