November 3 is quickly approaching, and the New York Public Library is in a political state of mind.
In honor of the upcoming election, the NYC institution has released a 2020 Election Reading List for three age groups: children, teens and adults. The selections focus on voter issues such as climate change, foreign policy and healthcare, among many others.
If your little bookworms are curious about this historical moment in our nation's history, have a look at some of the inspiring kids' books below that have landed on the ballots!
2020 Election Reading List for Kids
- Around America to Win the Vote by Mara Rockliff
- Dreamers by Yuyi Morales
- Harbor Me by Jacqueline Woodson
- Out of the Ice: How Climate Change Is Revealing the Past by Claire Eamer
- Ruth Objects: The Life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Doreen Rappaport
2020 Election Reading List for Teens
- Banned Book Club by Kim Hyun Sook & Ryan Estrada
- Displacement by Kiku Hughes
- Dissenter on the Bench: Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Life & Work by Victoria Ortiz
- Election Manipulation: Is America's Voting System Secure? by John Allen
- It's Getting Hot in Here by Bridget Heos
For the full list for each age group, visit nypl.org/election2020. While you're at it, be sure to check out Time Out's daily virtual storytimes with the NYPL and get homework assistance with the NYPL's free virtual tutoring—a game-changer for parents.
Most popular on Time Out
- NYC schools closed: a running list of building shutdowns
- NYC schools have cancelled snow days for the 2020–2021 term
- The best apple picking NY kids and families love
- The best spots for pumpkin picking NY families love
- The best Halloween movies for kids of all ages
Get us in your inbox! Sign up to our newsletter for the latest and greatest from NYC and beyond.