Okay, so it was the blizzard that wasn't, but hey, at least you got a snow day out of it. One perk of this not-so-snowpocalypse, aside from the snow-day specials around NYC, is that plenty of restaurants and bars are back up and running today, so you can stop trying to cobble a meal together out of the condiments in your fridge.
- Black Seed Bagels opened their doors at 11am, but bagel supplies are limited so if you want your lox-and-shmear fix, get there ASAP. The Hudson Eats outpost will be closed today.
- Speaking of nouveau delis, Mile End is opening both locations today: Hoyt Street from 11am to midnight, and Bond Street from noon to 9pm.
- Get some belly-warming soup at Ivan Ramen, which will be open for its regular dinner service from 5:30pm to midnight. Slurp Shop at Gotham West Market (the food court is also be open today) will start slinging noodles around 1pm.
- Brodo, Marco Canora's bone-broth stall annexed from Hearth, will be serving its steaming cups of stock starting at noon.
- Gowanus's brand-spanking-new Three's Brewing is opening the bar at 2pm today for beer-seeking Brooklynites.
- Cure your cabin fever with excellent wine and small plates at Pearl & Ash, which will be offering dinner from 5:30pm until midnight tonight.
- Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality restaurants will be open today, including Marta (open now), Maialino (lunch at noon, dinner until 9pm), Blue Smoke (dinner service starting at 4pm), Gramercy Tavern (normal dinner service), North End Grill (dinner service starting at 5:30pm) and Union Square Cafe (normal dinner service).
- Get some snow-day dim sum at Chinatown legend Nom Wah Tea Parlor, which will start service at noon.
- All locations of Momofuku Milk Bar will open their doors at 5pm today, except for the 56th Street outpost. Lucky Midtowners can get their crack pie and compost cookies starting at noon.
- Bask in some Spanish warmth at East Village tapas bar Huertas, which is doling out $1 pintxos from 5:30pm until 11pm.