The Good Food Guide’s 2018 rankings have just come out and – smug hats on – London eateries have scooped nearly half of the top 10 spots.
The capital’s highest entry sees Jason Atherton’s Pollen Street Social at number three (that’s a quail dish they’ve done above), followed by Restaurant Gordon Ramsay at six, Chiswick’s Hedone at seven and Claude Bosi at Bibendum at nine (a new entry and a recent opening).
Time to buy a bigger belt.
The top ten
1. Restaurant Nathan Outlaw, Cornwall
2. L’Enclume, Cumbria
3. Pollen Street Social, London
4. Restaurant Sat Bains, Nottinghamshire
5. The Fat Duck, Berkshire
6. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, London
7. Hedone, London
8. Restaurant Andrew Fairlie, Perthshire & Kinross
9. Claude Bosi at Bibendum, London
10. Casamia, Bristol
Want a foodie bucket list? Here's our round-up of London’s top 100 restaurants.