Levantine Hill Estate
Time Out says
This might be the Yarra Valley's most luxurious winery
Just so you know what the target clientele is at this ultra high-end Yarra Valley winery, here are some statistics.
- Number of helicopters that can land at Levantine Hill: 16
- Cost of a helicopter 'all-day dining experience' (includes a tasting, a grazing menu, a glass of chardonnay and a glass of pinot noir, tea, coffee, still or sparkling water and return helicopter transfers to the city): $625
- Cost of a normal tasting (five wines): $18
- Cost of a tasting of ten wines from the Estate and Family Paddock range (includes a cheese platter): $100
- Number of chef’s hats winery restaurant Ezard has won: one
- Cost of an eight-course degustation without wine: $195
The light and airy space was designed by world-renown architect Karl Fender (of Fender Katsalidis) to reflect and complement the rolling hill of the surrounding valley. The grounds include an impressive collection of sculpture, including pieces by Deborah Halpern (you know her from her giant 'Angel' sculpture in Birrarung Marr).
It is an absolutely gorgeous spot for lunch, wine tasting or dinner (Saturdays only), and the team here take both food and wine very seriously. Ezard at Levantine Hill is the Yarra Valley's own version of super-premium Melbourne restaurant Ezard, and Fat Duck alumnus Luke Headon is the restaurant's executive chef.
If you want to treat yourself (and we mean really treat yourself), this luxe winery could be the perfect place to do it.
882 Maroondah Highway
|Opening hours:||Mon, Wed, Fri 11am-5pm; Sat 10am-10pm; Sun 11am-6pm|