Located just five minutes from St Kilda, Classic Cinemas screens a variety of Hollywood blockbusters, foreign films and family favourites, as well as being home to the Jewish International Film Festival.
The building was built in 1889 and opened as a theatre in 1911, and it's been an important part of the Elsternwick community for more than a century. Catch an arthouse, foreign or major Hollywood blockbuster film on one of the Classic’s six screens, and enjoy sweet and savoury refreshments like olives, bao, edamame, beer, wine and hand-made choc tops in flavours like rocky road and salted caramel.
The cinema has its own bar in the foyer, which is perfect for a pre- or post-show tipple and catch-up. It's also next door to vodka bar After the Tears, which offers hundreds of vodkas and hearty Polish fare.
|Venue name:||Classic Cinemas||Contact:|
9 Gordon St
|Transport:||Nearby stations: Elsternwick|