Although the 2020 Coney Island season is on hiatus, Deno's Wonder Wheel Amusement Park is still celebrating its 100th anniversary.
To keep kiddos occupied until they are allowed back on the grounds, the amusement park has gifted little New Yorkers with a free coloring book. It was originally going to be passed out on opening day—April 5—however, it is now available on the park's website at no cost.
Using the seaside nabe's Instagrammable spots as its backdrop, the coloring book follows a little boy, William, as he makes his way through the park, and eventually, onto the ferris wheel. (We hope he opted for the stationary carts.)
Free coloring book activities have been all the rage as we continue to navigate our time at home, so why not put a very Brooklyn spin on your children's arts and crafts? If you can't wait for your days on the boardwalk—Nathan's at hand, of course—take a look at Deno's Days of Distancing Together on YouTube for a taste of Coney Island right at home!
To share your photos of your family's Wonder Wheel coloring book, head to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and use the hashtags #HappyBirthdayWonderWheel and #BrighterTomorrow for a chance to be featured on Time Out New York Kids' social accounts!
Most popular on Time Out
- Disney's free drawing classes teach you how to sketch your favorite princesses
- This Harry Potter-themed digital escape room lets you wander through Hogwarts
- NYC Schools: Spring break is canceled for districts across the state
- Join Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- Free grab-and-go meals are now available for all New Yorkers