Say hello to baby Erie! The sea lion pup is one of the newest and cutest members of the New York Aquarium family.
Erie was born just last October. (He gets his name because his mother, Nora, came from the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, and Lake Erie borders both New York and Ohio.) He had unusual timing: Most sea lions are born in late spring and early summer, but his unexpected arrival brought a note of joy to an aquarium. There's nothing like a saucer-eyed sea lion pup learning the ropes—and tripping over his own flippers—to lift spirits.
Although you can't pay Erie a visit right now, you can still watch his progress:
The New York Aquarium is just one of the many attractions across North America bringing wildlife into your living room by way of videos and live feeds. Make sure you're following along!
Most popular on Time Out
- Disney's free drawing classes teach you how to sketch your favorite princesses
- This Harry Potter-themed digital escape room lets you wander through Hogwarts
- NYC Schools: Spring break is canceled for districts across the state
- Join Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- Free grab-and-go meals are now available for all New Yorkers