A library card goes a long way in New York City.
Today, the New York Public Library, Queens Public Library and Brooklyn Public Library announced that Culture Pass will resume for 25 attractions—with limited capacity—on Nov 1. This program provides New Yorkers with library cards free access to their favorite family attractions.
The 25 institutions participating:
- Alice Austen House Museum
- American Museum of Natural History
- Asia Society Museum
- Brooklyn Museum
- The Drawing Center
- Dyckman Farmhouse Museum
- Fraunces Tavern Museum
- International Studio & Curatorial Program
- The Jewish Museum
- King Manor Museum
- Kingsland Homestead
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
- MoMA PS1
- Morris-Jumel Mansion
- Museum of Arts and Design
- Museum of the City of New York
- National Lighthouse Museum
- New Museum
- New York Botanical Garden
- The Noble Maritime Collection
- The Noguchi Museum
- Poster House
- The Rubin Museum of Art
How to snag a freebie:
More good news:
Additionally, Culture Pass is rebroadcasting virtual arts and cultural programs for all ages from NYC's favorite institutions through Nov 21.
Besides mapping out your Culture Pass plans, be sure to check out the best new and upcoming exhibits at our go-to kids' museums, sit in for virtual storytimes from the New York Public Library every Monday through Friday and see what else is happening on NYC's fall calendar.
For all-things Culture Pass, visit the program's website.
Most popular on Time Out
- NYC schools closed: a running list of building shutdowns
- NYC schools have cancelled snow days for the 2020–2021 term
- The best apple picking NY kids and families love
- The best spots for pumpkin picking NY families love
- The best Halloween movies for kids of all ages
Get us in your inbox! Sign up to our newsletter for the latest and greatest from NYC and beyond.