If you can wear your heart on your sleeve, why not wear your pride on your feet? Global fashion giants Nike, Adidas and Converse are getting into the spirit of LGBTI Pride Month by dropping some very cool rainbow-tinged gear.
Nike's 2016 BeTrue capsule is a geometric take on the rainbow, and features two prominent motifs in the rainbow and pink triangle. As well as men's and women's footwear and apparel, the range also features Nike's first all-over rainbow sneaker in a Lunar Tempo 2.
Adidas Originals' FW 2016 Pride Pack featres updated and on-brand takes on some of the label's most iconic designs. Channeling the 'energy of the global movement', the colection's showstopper are the Superstar 80s complete with kaleidioscopic rainbow srpay effect. For something a bit more subtle, the Stan Smiths keep the freshness of the original design, with subtle rainbow details.
Converse launched their pride-themed Chuck Taylor All Stars last month, and we can't get enough of them. Available in both high and low cuts, the kicks come in a spray effect or a bold woven pattern.
A famous man once spoke of a small step for man, but a giant leap for mankind. Some 50 years on, it's remarkable how well this quote can still hold resonance.
You might also like
- Filmmaker Ray Yeung: "I just wanted to show two Asian guys in love"
- Interview: Eric East, the first gay porn star from China
- Hong Kong poet Nicholas Wong on his new collection 'Crevasse'
- Interview: Coco Pop on Drag Domination, Hong Kong's first drag spectacular
- Interview: Courtney Act on the changing face of gender