Get us in your inbox

Search
Diamond Registry 11 carat yellow
Photograph: Courtesy of Diamond Registry

Why bespoke engagement rings are taking over in 2021

It’s never been a better time to buy an engagement ring - here are three trends for 2021

Time Out Hong Kong in partnership with Diamond Registry
Advertising

Social restrictions have hit the wedding industry hard, but there’s probably never been a better time to buy a diamond. While engagement parties and weddings might be on hold for now, love isn't. Luckily for many jewellers, diamond rings have actually been in high demand since early last year, with savvy shoppers looking to get more value for their bling as global diamond prices are taking a slight drop. With lockdown influencing more sentimental and thoughtful purchasing behaviour, bespoke engagement rings continue to be in high demand.

If you're in a market for a rock-solid investment to wear around town, read on for some of the engagement ring ideas in 2021 from Diamond Registry – the experts at sourcing GIA diamonds from all around the world, at the best market price.

Alternative engagement rings
Photograph: Courtesy of Diamond Registry

Alternative engagement rings

Now that we've had some extra time on our hands to tap into our creative energy, it should come as no surprise that customers are investing more time and thought into bespoke creations.

With a bespoke ring you can have the same high end beautiful ring for far less money than your original budget, or a better and bigger diamond for the same budget.

Diamond Registry uses 90 percent of the total cost on the diamonds and precious metals, with the remaining 10 percent on jewellery design. Big name brands, in contrast, typically spend less than 50 percent on precious materials, with the rest going to the middleman, marketing, brand markup, and other running costs.

If you have set a budget to spend on a fine GIA diamond for investment or other purposes, Diamond Registry can help find what you are looking for, and design a gorgeous piece of jewellery around it, all within your budget. Or, if you already have your eye on a specific diamond, they may be able to find it at lower price than expected. 

Upgrade your look
Photograph: Courtesy of Diamond Registry

Upgrade your look

Change is good every now and then, and even something as timeless as a ring could use bit of a glow up. There are so many different ways to give your sparkler a new look, such as upgrading your piece with a bigger diamond, different quality, or different shape. Bring back your ring to Diamond Registry who will re-purchase the diamond originally owned by them. They will buy a new diamond for to upgrade your ring with. Get a whole new look while only paying the difference in diamond price.

Advertising
Flawless diamond
Photograph: Courtesy of Diamond Registry

Flawless diamond

Life has slowed down considerably in the last year, and the fast-paced, mass-manufactured ways of the past seem to have fallen out of favour with it. It’s more on trend these days for people to shop consciously, making careful and well-considered decisions about their purchases. What they are looking for is the highest quality, and the answer is in the colour. A D colour flawless diamond has the highest colour and clarity grade — along with the biggest price tag.

Investors are looking more carefully before making purchase decisions, and asking many more questions. On the one hand, investors have become more careful, but on the other hand, they are embracing diamonds on an unprecedented level.

 

Photograph: Courtesy of Diamond Registry

Getting the right diamond can be a complicated affair, but having a trusted authority on the subject goes a long way. Diamond Registry has been around since 1961, protecting Hong Kong consumers from overpriced and substandard jewellery. They provide unbiased advice and a free quote about diamonds, helping people buy them at wholesale prices that are fair and transparent – so you can spend less without sacrificing on quality. They also offer free design advice, so anyone can immortalise one of the happiest days of their lives in the perfect engagement or wedding band. 

Learn more about how to benefit from the 40+ years of diamond industry expertise, by contacting the Diamond Registry consultant. They'll be delighted to help you in creating the ring of your dreams.

Recommended
    You may also like
      Advertising