Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
1. These terms and conditions (“Rules”) apply to Competition(s) featured by Time Out on its online website. By entering a Competition, entrants (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) agree to be bound by these Rules. Time Out reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on its online website. The Promoter of the Competition is Time Out Digital Limited, 4th floor, 125 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8AD.
2. There is no purchase requirement to enter the Competition. There is no charge to register with Time Out website if you enter the competition online (internet). Entrants are responsible for the cost of their connection to the Competition web page via the Internet. Time Out does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Competition web page or website.
3. The Competition starts on Tuesday July 28 2015 (“Start Date”), and ends on Sunday September 13 2015 at 11.45pm British Time on (“End Date”).
4. Only one entry per person is allowed (“Entry” or “Entries”). An Entry is allowed online (“Online Entry” or “Online Entries”). Online Entries should be made online via the Internet to the Time Out website on the Competition web page and Entrants can email their respective Entry (by clearly stating in the subject header the name of the Competition to which they participate) to the following email address: email@example.com. You understand that all Entries submitted to Time Out automatically become the property of Time Out.
5. By entering the Competition You hereby warrant that all information submitted by You is true, current and complete. Time Out reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Entrants. The contact details you provide with your Entry may be used to send any prizes so you need to make sure it is correct. Time Out does not accept responsibility for lost, damaged, invalid or illegible Entries.
6. Each Competition is open only to legal residents in the United Kingdom, who are at least the minimum age of 18 years old. Employees of Time Out, its agents, contractors and their family members, or any third party related to the administration of the Competition, are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. Winners Selection: all winning Entries (“Winner(s)”) will be selected randomly from all correct Entries received by the End Date. The Winners will be contacted by Time Out by telephone or email within two (2) weeks from the End Date of Competition and are required to confirm acceptance of the Prize within seven (7) days of notification. If Time Out is unable to contact a Winner or if a Winner is unable to confirm its acceptance of the Prize, Time Out reserves the right to select another Prize Winner drawn in accordance of these Rules. Time Out shall have no liability to previously selected Prize Winners who have not responded on time. Time Out reserves the right to ask the Winner to provide a proof an age and/or country of residence. Winners may be announced on Time Out website for at least thirty (30) days’ after the Prize has been awarded and as such Time Out will have the right (without additional permission) to use their names, age and town/city for that purpose and they maybe requested by Time Out to participate in post-event publicly both in paper and online.
8. Prize. The prize as described is available on the date of the publication of the Competition. There is only one Winner to the Prize. The prize is non-transferable. No cash alternative is available for the prize. In the unlikely event that the prize should become unavailable, Time Out reserves the right to substitute a prize which it reasonably determines as being of equal value. The prize provider is Chimu Adventures (“Prize Provider”).
10. Jurisdiction. The Competition, and the Rules, will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
11. All entries must be received by 13 of September 2015. Only one entry per person. No responsibility will be accepted for lost or delayed entries.
12. Incomplete entries and mechanical reproduction of multiple entries are not permitted.
13. The winner will be chosen at random by Chimu Adventures on week commencing 13 September 2015. If Chimu Adventures do not receive confirmation from the winner within 10 days of being awarded the prize, the prize will be considered forfeited and another winner will be drawn at random.
14. There is one prize of a 9-night holiday for two people to Rio de Janeiro, Paraty and Ilha Grande. Prize includes a stay in a standard double or twin room, on a bed and breakfast basis, at the following hotel: Atlantis Copacabana (Or similar) in Rio de Janeiro, Posada Principe (Or similar) in Paraty and the Naturalia (Or similar) in Ilha Grande; Transfers;1 full day tour of the Sugar Loaf Mountain and Corcovado visiting The Christ Redeemer statue with lunch. Extras are at the clients own expense. Return economy flights from London to Rio de Janeiro are included in the prize.
15. The winner of the holiday must travel between 29 September and 30 June 2016 and with blackout dates between 9-12 Oct' 15, 30 Oct - 2 Nov' 15, 24 Dec - 2 Jan' 16, 5-15 Feb' 16, 24-28' 16 Mar and 22-24 Apr 2016. Subject to availability.
16. Once the trip is booked and confirmed any amendments to the booking will be at the winners cost.
17. The winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
18. Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 years or over and in possession of passport. Employees of Chimu Adventures and Baila Brazil or any agencies or person connected with this competition may not enter.
19. The winner will be responsible for ensuring that they have adequate travel insurance.
20. The winner is responsible for travel to the London departure airport.
21. Spending money, meals, travel taxes, trip kitties, travel insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transfers and all other ancillary costs (as well as obtaining any of these) not specified in the prize inclusions are the responsibility of each winner.
22. The winner must comply with and is responsible for attending to any inoculation and health regulations or visa requirements required for their destination.
23. Chimu Adventures and associated partners will not accept any liability for any loss or damages suffered whilst on this trip. Chimu Adventures standard terms and conditions of travel apply.
24. The prize must be accepted as offered. There is no cash or other alternative. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of an equivalent or greater value.
25. Baila Brazil can cancel or modify the promotion if there are compelling technical or administrative reasons which we cannot control. If that happens, Baila Brazil will conduct the draw from all eligible entries received at that time.
Support Time Out
We see you’re using an ad-blocker. Ad revenue is Time Out’s main source of income. The content you’re reading is made by independent, expert local journalists.
Support Time Out directly today and help us champion the people and places which make the city tick. Cheers!Donate now