The Riverside Park Conservancy announced that Summer on the Hudson is suspended for 2020. That means that more than 250 free events are no longer scheduled to be held in the park this year, including all family-friendly activities—as of now, there will be no outdoor films, group playdates with WonderSpark Puppets or soccer clinics for kids.
Instead, the conservancy will program online activities that will take place over the summer. There aren't any details as of yet—they'll post info on their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts in the coming months.
This is just the latest announced suspension of summer activities. The NYC Parks summer camp programs are suspended, and NYC's public pools will be closed all summer. This might be the summer of keeping active by taking fun fitness classes your kids can try at home.
Most popular on Time Out
- Disney's free drawing classes teach you how to sketch your favorite princesses
- Tour the real-life locations of Harry Potter's world with Google Earth
- Celebrate the 100th birthday of Deno’s Wonder Wheel with a free coloring book
- New York's kiddie salons share advice on how to cut your child's hair at home
- Best family restaurants in NYC doing delivery