These days it seems like you can get anything delivered to your doorsteps. What about the moments you’re craving comfort food in the form of a popular dessert? Enter The Pizza Cupcake.
These little treats—combining our obsession with the best pizza and desserts in the city—are now available for delivery for the first time. You’ll find stretchy fresh mozzarella and bright San Marzano tomatoes tucked inside a pillowy dome of dough made of brioche and sourdough.
Owners Michelle Jimenez-Meggiato and Andrea Meggiato launched the Pizza Cupcake in November 2018 and have sold their bite-size treats at Smorgasburg and Citi Field ever since. The Brooklyn-based company started home delivery on March 27th in 12 and 24 packs ($24.95 and $44.95, respectively). You can simply warm a margherita or pepperoni in the oven if you’re in their delivery zones, including Brooklyn, Manhattan, Astoria and some parts of New Jersey.
There’s also a charitable component: for every 24-pack order that’s placed, Pizza Cupcake will donate a box to frontline workers (their first delivery on March 31st was made to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center on March 31st. The couple have also partnered with Damascus Bakery to help spread the pizza and dessert love across New York.
Most popular on Time Out
- 10 incredible photos of last night’s rainbow over New York City
- This drone-shot video provides a breathtaking aerial view of an empty NYC
- NYC subways, busses and ferries are sounding their horns on Thursday
- New York’s top salons share advice on how to cut your hair at home
- 10 New Yorkers tell us the restaurant meals they’re most looking forward to having