Melbourne's largest arthouse movie complex, Cinema Nova boasts a whopping 16 screens devoted to new release arthouse and upmarket commercial films, plus regular films events, special screenings and festivals.
Monday is their famed discount day – regular tickets are $7 for sessions before 4pm and $9 for sessions after 4pm (3D movies $13 all day). Note: discounts do not apply on public holidays, actual or observed.
If you arrive early, take in the view over Lygon Street with a coffee or cocktail in hand at the Cinema Nova bar, or make a whole night of it with dinner, drinks and a flick.
|Venue name:||Cinema Nova|
380 Lygon St
- It’s almost Christmas in modern-day Nazareth, and ageing Abu Shadi and his grown-up son Shadi, who’s fresh off the plane from his very different life as an architect in Rome, have some family skeletons to deal with in this low-key, sharply obser...Read more
- A stellar injustice: Hollywood has made a movie about a faked Mars landing – 1977’s deliriously silly Capricorn One – but has never given the historic first moon landing its due. That’s not so hard to explain. While inspiring on a global scale, ...Read more
- The first Fantastic Beasts movie had a lot of heavy lifting to do. It needed to establish a world connected to the Harry Potter universe, but also one that was self-contained. It had to introduce several busloads of new characters and kick off a...Read more
- The best fashion docs often focus on the personalities and chance meetings that kick-start cultural movements. Here it’s punk that forms the edgy backdrop to a look at the life of Vivienne Westwood. It features plenty of access to the fashion de...Read more
- If you’ve been pining for the fiery, political Spike Lee of Do the Right Thing and Malcolm X, good news: BlacKkKlansman has the director back to his energised best. Maybe the optimism of the Obama era robbed him of some of that righteous fury – wh...Read more