It looks like Prince Harry is taking a quick trip to the Island of Sodor.
For the 75th anniversary of Thomas & Friends: The Royal Engine, he will voice an episode of the beloved children's show. According to a press release from Mattel, the owners of Thomas the Tank Engine, this special will feature The Queen and the Prince of Wales as children. Viewers can catch it on Friday, May 1 on Netflix!
In honor of such a big occasion, Mattel also has a few other tricks up its sleeve for little locomotive fans. On May 4, Mattel will partner with Calm for a series of Thomas-themed sleep stories and guided meditations for little ones who are about to tuck in (though we recommend also reading a Thomas bedtime story for good measure.) A Thomas birthday album will be released on May 8 across streaming platforms with three new tracks. On May 12, a new kids' podcast Thomas & Friends Storytime will be released and feature 46 stories about everyone's favorite trains!
We're ready for the celebration to come chugging through. Learn more at Mattel!
Most popular on Time Out
- Disney's free drawing classes teach you how to sketch your favorite princesses
- Tour the real-life locations of Harry Potter's world with Google Earth
- Celebrate the 100th birthday of Deno’s Wonder Wheel with a free coloring book
- New York's kiddie salons share advice on how to cut your child's hair at home
- Best family restaurants in NYC doing delivery