While the Great White Way remains closed, thespians can still access its magic from the comfort of their couch. Not only are there a slew of livestreams, but there are also educational activities for budding actors and actresses.
Look no further than The Lion King Experience: At Home. Although the program is typically held in a classroom setting, the Disney favorite is bringing its efforts online—and for free! "Hakuna matata" indeed!
When visitors log onto the site, they're directed either to the Kids Experience (ages 8–11) or the Jr. Experience (ages 12–15). Then, they're able to access a pamphlet with a variety of things to do: Videos, projects, explainers, cultural lessons, etc. There's no shortage of activities, and your kiddos will be busy for quite some time—trust us.
After taking a gander at the theater world through The Lion King, we suggest enjoying other fun-filled Disney activities, including these online brain busters, free drawing classes and of course, a marathon of the greatest Disney movies of all time. Who's in?
Most popular on Time Out
- Disney's free drawing classes teach you how to sketch your favorite princesses
- Tour the real-life locations of Harry Potter's world with Google Earth
- Celebrate the 100th birthday of Deno’s Wonder Wheel with a free coloring book
- New York's kiddie salons share advice on how to cut your child's hair at home
- Best family restaurants in NYC doing delivery