Exciting news, families: One of your go-to summer hubs is reopening! It's time to ready the brood for a trip to Prospect Park.
LeFrak Center at Lakeside is going to have programming up and running on August 1, which means your favorite outdoor activities are making a comeback: Visitors will be able to rent a boat, kayak and bike with family and friends. If you're looking to refuel after an afternoon out, the Bluestone Cafe is offering food and drinks on a takeaway basis. Although Splash Pad is open, visitors must note that it is not regularly sanitized and social distancing guidelines are enforced when using the facility, according to the park's website.
Although a good chunk of offerings will be available come next month, park-goers should also note that roller skating is not available at this time. (Don't sweat it: We'll update you when you can take a loop around the rink.)
For more fun things to do this summer, have a look at what's happening at our favorite parks, hop on a Governors Island-bound ferry and, of course, grab a cone or shake at one of our favorite ice cream shops in NYC.
Have fun and stay safe!
Most popular on Time Out
- The best hiking trails for NYC families to explore
- The best strawberry picking in New York for families
- Six Flags Great Adventure's Safari will reopen as a drive-through experience
- The 2020 Summer Reading program from the NYPL is the best yet
- 15 NYC pools will reopen this summer after all according to Mayor de Blasio