Looking for summer day trip ideas? Why not check in on Lady Liberty?
The iconic New York City destination is open and welcoming back visitors who are anxious to take in the statue in all of her glory. Liberty Island, one of the outdoor attractions given the green light to reopen during Phase 4, is another destination implementing new rules as the city attempts to normalize. New cleaning procedures at the ticket booths, departure points and aboard the ferries are now in place, according to CBS.
Despite these efforts, the island's newly redesigned museum still remains shuttered, as indoor activities were put on pause by Governor Andrew Cuomo. The attraction's amenities include an immersive theater that provides a glimpse into Lady Liberty's history and ideals; an engagement gallery where visitors can get a behind-the-scenes look of how Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi built the statue and the inspirational gallery, where you can get up close and personal with the original torch. Like the museum, visits to the top of Lady Liberty's crown are also prohibited at this time.
We'll certainly keep you posted about the reopening plans. Until then, enjoy your time outside and stay safe!
Most popular on Time Out
- The best hiking trails for NYC families to explore
- The best strawberry picking in New York for families
- Six Flags Great Adventure's Safari will reopen as a drive-through experience
- The 2020 Summer Reading program from the NYPL is the best yet
- 15 NYC pools will reopen this summer after all according to Mayor de Blasio