New Yorkers are not inclined to pass up free museum access.
Fortunately for patrons big and lil', Smithsonian Magazine just announced its 15th annual Museum Day. On Sept 21, locations across the country (including beloved NYC spots) will provide free entry to those who present a Museum Day ticket. If you're anxious to explore new exhibits and learn about a variety of cool topics, you need to put this event on your list of fall activities and things to do.
On Aug 15, interested participants will be able to visit Smithsonian Magazine's website to retrieve their free tickets. No need to tell us twice! Some of our favorite kids' museums and family attractions have made the list, including:
- Alley Pond Environmental Center
- Asia Society and Museum
- Bartow-Pell Mansion Museum
- Derfner Judaica Museum + The Art Collection at Hebrew Home at Riverdale
- Dyckman Farmhouse Museum
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Museum of Chinese in America
- Museum of Illustration at the Society of Illustrators
- New York City Fire Museum
- Newhouse Center for Contemporary Art at Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden
- Queens Historical Society
- The Noble Maritime Collection
Needless to say, we're anxious to snag this sweet deal, but there's no need to wait until September to venture through engaging galleries: This summer's new and upcoming exhibits will keep the whole brood entertained. No matter your family's interests, be sure to explore Time Out's deals on your favorite attractions! We'll catch you in the gallery.