Nothing is sweeter in the summertime than a scoop of ice cream.
Here's the scoop: The Museum of Ice Cream is hosting virtual ice cream making classes for those 7 and up Thursday–Sunday at 4:30pm PST (1:30pm New York time). For $25, up to two participants can tune in for step-by-step instructions from a scoop master, fun games and riddles and other creamy goodness.
Here's what you'll need from the kitchen:
- A large and small Ziplock bag
- One kitchen towel
- One bowl
- One spoon
Grab these goods from the grocery store:
- Half and half
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Four of your favorite toppings (i.e. nuts, sprinkles, gummies, etc.)
- Powdered mixes (if you're craving a flavor other than vanilla)
Once you snag the necessities and get Zoom fired up, you're ready to go! Head online to purchase your tickets. If you're in search for more summer activities for kids, we suggest having a gander at these DIY popsicle recipes, which are great ways to refuel after a visit to your family's favorite splash pad.
Most popular on Time Out
- The Bronx Zoo will bring back free Wednesdays
- The best summertime cherry picking NY families love
- The NYC DOE is hosting a virtual information session about returning to school
- Sesame Place is reopening with new safety measures
- NYC to provide free daycare for children ages 3 and up