It's time to ditch those ice skates and get behind the wheel.
Following the success of the 2019 FrostFest, Bank of America Winter Village at Bryant Park will once again allow visitors to try ice bumper cars in January 2020 (beginning the 17th). As much as we love attempting those triple axels, we can't say no to winter's latest phenomenon. (In case you haven't heard, ice bumper cars are currently all the rage at Aviator Sports in Brooklyn.)
Paying homage to an amusement park go-to, the festive offering allows you to channel those summer days at Coney Island, but with a cold-weather remix. Why not make the most out of your visit to one of the best holiday markets in NYC with some time sliding and thumping?
Here's what you need to know before hitting the ice:
- Attendees must be at least 7 years old, 42 inches tall and under 300 pounds to participate
- Attendees under 18 will need a parent or guardian to sign a waiver
- Closed-toe shoes are required
- Children are not permitted to sit on adult's laps, and there is only one person per car
- Cameras and phones are not permitted while driving (so have a relative capture those Insta moments)
- Those who are pregnant are not permitted to ride
Here's what you need to know about reservations:
- You'll be able to secure a spot online ($17 per 10-minute session) in early January
- Visitors can book online up until the morning of their desired date
- Visitors can reserve open cars at the park on a first-come-first-served basis
There are still plenty of fun winter activities for kids to enjoy in the meantime: hot cocoa crawls, pictures with Santa and of course, good 'ol fashioned ice skating in NYC if you can't get ahold of a winter bumper car.