You say you're going to do it every year. Yet some how August rolls around, people are trained and ready and you're still trying to work out where the hell July went. Or maybe you had the best of intentions... Then Saturday night got the best of you. Whatever your reason for not running the biggest fun run of the year, don't worry, we've got a list of excuses to fall back on.
1. You need to save your friends a spot at the bar for post-run drinks in Bondi (and have a warm-up drink on their behalf).
2. You've just had a break-up and Heartbreak Hill is triggering.
4. And Surry Hills' most queue-worthy cafés will be much quieter than usual.
5. You're still recovering from Splendour in the Grass.
6. If you're trekking out to Bondi, it's for a sauna, swim and Instagram photo at Icebergs. Nothing less.
7. Your activewear is way too expensive to sweat in.
8. You're saving yourself for Sydney Marathon/Tough Mudder/Sydney Tower Eye Stair Challenge.
9. The Bondi to Bronte walk will be really quiet (and much easier/more scenic).
10. You needed to stay out till 3am to try every blended cocktail at Big Poppa's.
11. You've got a stiff back from binge-watching Stranger Things.
12. You'll actually be able to get a park to check out Sculptures at Barangaroo.
13. You've found a groovier way to get your endorphins.