Asia's 50 Best Bars have been announced for 2017. Last year's inaugural Asia’s 50 Best Bars featured nine Hong Kong watering holes and this year's list features eight Hong Kong establishments including:
7. Quinary (last year's ranking #6. World ranking #39)
8. Stockton (last year's ranking #31)
24. Zuma (last year's ranking #39)
26. 8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo Bombana (new entry)
42. The Chinnery at the Mandarin Oriental (new entry)
48. Dr Fern's Gin Parlour (new entry)
Though Quinary has dropped a place from last year, it now stands tall as Hong Kong's best bar and notably, Honi Honi, Mahalo, Ori-gin and The Envoy are no longer on the list. Lobster Bar loses its crown as Hong Kong's best, whereas The Pontiac, Stockton and Zuma have moved up in the ranks.
The vastly underrated newcomer to the list, 8 1/2 Otto e Mezzo Bombana, is a most welcome addition from the Hong Kong side and we're glad it's getting the recognition it deserves. We're a little bit gutted Bar De Luxe didn't cut the mustard for Hong Kong, but big sister Bar High Five is reppin' in Tokyo and of course, there's always next year. Hopefully 2018 will see Hong Kong pip Singapore to the post of best represented on the list.