While we can never quit NYC, with it amazing restaurants, internationally-recognized bars and world-class museums, the crowds, the hustle and the pace, however, can lead to some serious stress and, well, sometimes we need a break.
Fortunately, the location of our fine city affords easy access to many other exciting, yet more relaxed destinations. These weekend getaways from NYC offer fun, relaxation and a little something different not too far from home.
Whether you’re taking a car or public transportation, these destinations are easily accessible in five hours or less. Enjoy nature, chill by a lake, take in some art or do a little shopping. From quaint towns to beachy locales, a weekend away will be just the thing to recharge. If you don’t have a whole weekend to spare, consider one of these day trips from NYC. Looking for a longer getaway? A road trip from NYC might be for you. But these weekend getaways are just right, opening up a whole new world in upstate New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and more.
– The 21 best day trips from New York City
– Best things to do in upstate New York
– Cheap romantic getaways near NYC
– Best beaches in NYC
– Best beach hotels near NYC
– Best day trips from New York
– Most scenic train rides in America
– The coziest Airbnbs near NYC this winter
– The best Airbnbs near breweries outside of NYC
This article includes affiliate links. These links have no influence on our editorial content. For more information, click here.