Over the next five weeks we want you to join us in celebrating how great it feels to reinvent your night out in London. Every week we’ll be running a slideshow of 10 photos themed around a part of central London. They could be bars, theatres, favourite meeting spots… but the destination will be ‘reinvented’ and the photograph will only show you part of the whole picture.
You’ll be invited to choose the right location from a multiple choice answer for each photograph. Get all ten locations right and you’ll be entered into our weekly draw to win a fabulous Nokia Lumia 925 smartphone. If you get them right, you’ll also automatically be entered into our grand prize draw for a trip for two to New York!
The competition runs July 15 to August 18, 2013.
How to enter:
Click here to go through to the slideshow and correctly answer the name of each of the ten locations. If all your answers are right, you’ll be entered into a weekly draw for a nifty new Nokia Lumia 925 smartphone. You can enter the weekly photograph competition as many times as you like until you get all answers right.
From all of the people who get their answers right in one of the weekly competitions, we’ll draw one person who’ll go on a trip to New York to re-invent their night there!
1. No purchase necessary.
2. No bulk or third party entries.
3. Competition begins at 12 noon Monday 15 July 2013. Competition closes at midnight on Sunday 18 August 2013.
4. To enter the weekly draw it is required that all answers provided by the entrant are correct.
5. The weekly draw can be entered more than once until the entrant provides all correct answers. Once all questions are answered correctly, no more entries will be valid.
6. All entries into the weekly prize draw must be submitted before midnight on the Sunday prior to Monday 22, 29, July 2013 and Monday 5, 12, 19 August 2013. All entries submitted prior to midnight on the allocated Sunday will be included in the weekly prize draw. All five weekly winners will be notified on the Tuesday after the above dates.
7. All weekly winners will receive a Nokia Lumia 925.*
8. The chances of winning are dependent on the number of successful entrants.
9. All entrants will be added to the grand prize draw only once.
10. The final winner will be drawn at random by Time Out and contacted w/c 19th August 2013.
11. If the weekly winners or the grand prize winner cannot be contacted within seven working days, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw and select a new winner (and so on until a winner can be contacted who will take up the prize).
12. The grand prize package includes:
- Return flights for two people to New York
- Return transfers from the airport to the hotel
- Three nights accommodation at a centrally located hotel
- Travel insurance
- ESTA’s for two people
- £1,000 spending money.
13. Travel is subject to availability at the discretion of the organiser and excludes July, August, November, December, Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Easter, School Holidays and Bank Holidays (both UK and USA). Must be booked at least four months in advance.
14. Flights must include a Saturday night stay in your destination. Departure airport used will be dependent on the direct availability from the winners nearest available international airport, which may not necessarily be the closest. Non UK passports holders may need a visa for this destination, which they should arrange with the Embassy at their own expense. Includes all taxes and surcharges.
15. Transfers are not private and may be shared with other passengers.
16. For all US trips, UK Passport holders must hold a valid ESTA (electronic tourist visa) from the US Embassy, which can be applied for a minimum of 72 hours prior to travel. Anyone not holding an ESTA will be deported from the US upon arrival without exception. It is the winner’s responsibility to comply with the ESTA visa requirements of the United States of America. Approval is at the discretion of the US Embassy and NDL Group cannot be held responsible for this being rejected.
17. Hotel is classed as a minimum of three star and is based on two people sharing a twin or double room (winner’s choice) with ensuite bathroom on a room only basis. At least one guest must be over the age of 21.
18. Travel insurance is subject to normal terms of acceptance. Pre-existing medical conditions may not be covered. No age restrictions apply.
19. All prizes must be claimed and booked by the prize winner within 12 months from the date of our initial correspondence with them.
20. Postal entries for competitions should be sent with your name, address, daytime telephone number, competition you are entering and answer to: Time Out Offers, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
21. Email entries for competitions should be sent to email@example.com clearly stating in the subject header the competition you are entering.
22. Competitions are open to all UK residents (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, or in other cases as stated) except employees of Time Out, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
23. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in the post or offered for delivery insufficiently stamped.
24. Proof of delivery will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Prizes are as stated only and no cash alternatives will be given. However the promoter has the full and free right to alter arrangements or prizes should circumstances change.
25. The winning answers and the names of prizewinners will be made available to those who send an SAE to the competition entry address. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. All entries and copyright in them automatically become the property of Time Out.
27. All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise.
28. By providing your email address and entering this competition you agree to receive relevant email communications from Time Out including news, events, offers and competitions.
29. Promoter: Time Out Magazine, Universal House, 251 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AB.
*A Nokia Lumia 925 running Windows Phone. Handset only. The competition winner is responsible for the SIM card and insurance
Blackout II was peddling vintage threads long before it became fashionable. For some 30 years, the Covent Garden store has specialised in antique apparel (largely dresses from the ’20s and ’30s) as well as more wearable men’s and women’s clothing and accessories from the ’40s through to the ’80s. The duplex store is heaving with stock, and you’ll need a great deal of rummager’s enthusiasm to prise through the stuffed rails, but incredibly knowledgeable staff, together with signs on rails indicating era, make the shopping experience a smidge easier. An ideal place to go if you’re after a specific item from a specific decade. As featured in the 100 best shops in London