Get yourself down to The Monarch pub in Camden Town on September 10 for a great night of live music with Cantar Vocal Ensemble. Cantar is a project that brings together singers of different backgrounds and nationalities by exploring Brazilian music. This event celebrates the launch of the Cantar project, which includes workshops and performances from September onwards. By embracing a wide range of genres – from classical and contemporary to regional – it encourages participants to learn about a new culture and its historical significance. As well as a unique repertoire of Brazilian music, with a six-piece band and special guests, there will be fantastic Brazilian food and drink throughout the night.
This popular ramen joint group continues the expansion with its fifth Bone Daddies in the capital (not counting Flesh & Buns in Covent Garden and Shackfuyu in Soho, which are run by the same folk). Giving a New York edge to Japanese cuisine, Bone Daddies is known for its rock 'n' roll soundtrack and street-vendor aesthetic. This branch, which is walk-in only, is split over two floors, with an open kitchen downstairs and lots of timber and metal materials. Food comes in the form of wok-fried noodles, or tonkotsu broth. They also specialise in skewers robata-grilled (slow grilled over charcoal) here, featuring chicken, ox cheek, prawns and shiitake mushrooms in such marinades as kimchee butter and sweet chilli ponzu.
Venue says: “Bone Daddies Marylebone is now open from noon until late, serving new wok and robata dishes alongside Bone Daddies favourites. See website”
You might also like
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to a Secret Bar tasting session
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to 'In the Heights'
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to 'Otherworlds: Visions of our Solar System'
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to 'Raleigh Ritchie Presents' at the Prince Charles Cinema
- Time Out Card competition: Exclusive invitation to live music at the Phoenix Artist Club