Head down to God’s own Junkyard, Walthamstow on May 13 and get lost amongst Chris Bracey’s iconic artwork of neon fantasies, old movie props and retro displays. You'll hear the sheer talent that is Harry Pane, the winner of Best Original Artist with PRS Music and a development deal with Island Records. He's also of former Time Out Rising Stars fame! A London-based folk/blues singer-songwriter, he'll be showcasing his tumbling guitar riffs, slide guitar, stomping pulse and soulful, emotive voice. And as if that wasn't enough, support will come from the talented alternative folk-musician Bella Chipperfield, who'll be incorporating a mixture of sounds and styles through subtle guitar-picking and intricate harp-plucking, which along with her haunting vocals create an entirely unique experience.
Provenance is a butcher’s shop in Notting Hill run by a bunch of young enthusiasts who gave up desk jobs to train as butchers and charcutiers. Struan Robertson is the founder, an alumnus of the School of Artisan Food in Welbeck, Nottinghamshire. The rest of the team – Tom Gibson, Guy Gibson, and Erin Hurst – are all Kiwis, which partly explains the grass-fed wagyu beef burgers from New Zealand that are flying out the doors in barbecue weather. A lot of the meats are value-added, such as marinated whole chickens and lamb kebabs, to offer what Struan calls ‘meal solutions’ for local shoppers (well, he is a former advertising man). The meats are all free range, the charcuterie supplied by British makers. Give it a look.
You might also like
- Time Out Card Event: Book tickets to Sasha McVeigh at Century Club
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to 'Cosmonauts: Birth of the Space Age' at the Science Museum
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to 'Around the World in 80 Days'
- Time Out Card competition: Win a private preview screening with the Doc 'n Roll Film Festival
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to the launch of Acoustic East 2015