If today's robots are nothing short of astonishing, those on the horizon are revolutionary and becoming eerily like us: they're called humanoids. What does it take to make a robot that can do anything we can, but without the benefit of a human brain?
The Science Museum's new Imax film, 'Robots 3D', will explore this question (and a lot more) as it showcases the latest developments in contemporary robotics, both successes and failures. Robot 'actor' RoboThespian will introduce you to Chimp, Atlas, PR-2, Herb the Butler, iCub, and others as he takes you on an amazing tour of what's going on in robotics labs around the world. We've got 200 pairs of tickets to give away to an exclusive screening of 'Robots 3D' on Saturday September 12, the film is rated 'U' and the screening starts at 11am.
Having tended the tresses of the rich and famous from Ivana Trump to Jamie Oliver, Stuart Philips retains a remarkably down-to-earth attitude and his plush Covent Garden salon reflects his demenor. We are always impressed by the treatment we receive here – on a recent trip the blow dry we had managed to give volume to our fine, limp hair with out making it frizzy. The interior is ultra-comfy and induces instant calm; recline in cool leather chairs and have a chat with the friendly, informative staff. From £30 for a wash and blow dry.
Venue says: “Multi-award-winning London salon. Quoted by Time Out magazine, 'one of the most relaxing salons we’ve ever experienced'.”
You might also like
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to the LAPADA Art & Antiques Fair
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to Knock2Bag Comedy with Romesh Ranganathan
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to 'Pig Farm' at the St. James Theatre
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to 'Raleigh Ritchie Presents' at the Prince Charles Cinema
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to 'Mozart & Beethoven Go Oval'